For the last 2 months, I have gone back to “discretionary trading” (not using computerized programs to trade). I found (to my disappointment) that I have done better in the last couple months than in almost any other two-month period in the last 4-5 years. I knew I could do the discretionary trading, but I really wanted the computer trading to be better. But for me (so far), my discretionary trading is better than my computer trading.
This leaves me sitting in my chair, feeling somewhat bored, thinking there has to be something I can do to stay busy. (That feeling of having a nice short vacation has obviously passed.) I can feel the growing need to keep my mind busy again. This has produced some new projects:
- I have been helping the condo association with some technology projects like setting up an advocacy website and enhancing a request system we had created for managing owner requests. We are also going to do a re-organization for the main condo website to make it easier to use.
- I went down to the Chamber of Commerce to talk with the head of SCORE (Service Corp of Retired Executives). I have been thinking of this for a while. They basically serve as advisors to people who want help with their businesses and/or business plans. I turned in my application. We will see.
- This summer, I definitely want to spend more time on my deck. Reading, listening to music, or just zoning-out. It doesn’t matter. When you are in Muskegon in the Summer, there isn’t much reason to go anywhere else. When I spend time on the deck, things seems to slow down, and I have time to enjoy it more.
- More traveling is something also on the short list. This year, we have already been to Disney World and Universal Studios, and a great tour of China. This summer, Dad and I are going to spend a week in Maine pigging out on lobster. This fall, we booked a cruise from Rome to Istanbul with Jeff & Peg.
- I have even been thinking about starting up my exercise program (again). I guess I really am bored. 🙂